- A swallow dive.More example sentences
- Chessa did a perfect swan dive off the diving board into rippling water below her.
- In Tom's World, it's always better to try a swan dive and deliver a colossal belly flop than to step timidly off the board while holding your nose.
- To do the Mountain Pose with Prayer Hands, inhale as you reverse your swan dive, lifting your hands all the way up over your head.
verb[no object] (swan-dive) Back to top
- Perform a swan dive: • figurative once again the singer has swan-dived into strange watersMore example sentences
- Were it within Blair's gift to serve up the fall of western civilisation on a plate, I might now be debating which bridge I'd prefer to swan-dive off, Blackfriars or Hammersmith.
- It's greatest effect was on the acquaintance who was there to watch over and make sure I didn't swan-dive into the fire.
- You stand on the top, take a photograph of Manhattan, spread out below you, then swan-dive into midair.
More definitions of swan diveDefinition of swan dive in:
- The US English dictionary