Definition of swan neck in English:
A curved structure shaped like a swan’s neck: [as modifier]: a small swan-neck dispenser
More example sentences
- But it is the swan neck that puts her head and shoulders above other goddesses.
- Her marvelous hair was tied and that revealed her swan neck.
- Push-pull hoes come in a wide variety with descriptive names such as swan neck, oscillating and glide-and-groom hoes and winged weeders.
- Example sentences
- Anthony Buckeridge assembles the real essence of the retired schoolmaster - Panama hat, silver-tipped cane, swan-necked pipe (minus tobacco since a heart attack last year).
- Mr Graville is also recommending that two brass swan-necked lights and two spotlights be removed from the restaurant as they are ‘alien and inappropriate’ to the listed building.
- For a protagonist we have Aloysious Parker, a skinny, swan-necked, out-there kid who dresses like a Fifties jazz sideman and sports a greasy Charlie Feathers hairdo.
Definition of swan neck in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan