- 1The fine down of a swan, used for trimmings and powder puffs.More example sentences
- Everything about her shimmers and shines, all softened by beautiful white swansdown and feathers.
- On the chest, there is a shaped cloth panel which is decorated with swansdown, rhinestones and mirrors.
- It was a fancy version of the scarf and could be made of swansdown or fur.
- 2A thick cotton fabric with a soft nap on one side.More example sentences
- The weavers emigrated to the Austrian Low Countries, especially to Mouscron, where production of swansdown was allowed since 1758.
More definitions of swansdownDefinition of swansdown in:
- The US English dictionary