nounchiefly North American
1A gathering at which enthusiasts or collectors trade or exchange items of common interest: a computer swap meet
More example sentences
- At the swap meet you're either exchanging parts or cash.
- Proceeds from table rentals at the swap meet will be put towards the refurbishment of computers for needy Edmonton households.
- Or maybe you found one of your father's chips in an old trunk or stumbled on one at a swap meet and wondered what it might be worth as a collector's item.
2A flea market.
- I found the photo of the Lightning at a local swap meet and you can see why it attracted my interest.
- Almost every city has regular swap meets or collectible shows and careful browsing can usually find a variety of WWII items, including post cards.
- A connoisseur of thrift stores and swap meets, she understands the collector mentality, the longing to affiliate and define oneself through things.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: swap meet
Definition of swap meet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.