- North American • informal Be extremely anxious or nervous.More example sentences
- I had read that she should be smiling at me by the fourth week, and at the end of last week I was sweating bullets that she might not reach this milestone on time.
- Here's something that has network news executives sweating bullets.
- When two such diametrically opposed yet astute observers agree, you can bet the politicians are sweating bullets.
More definitions of sweat bulletsDefinition of sweat bullets in:
- The US English dictionary