- 1A band of absorbent material worn around the head or wrist to soak up sweat, especially by participants in sport.More example sentences
- Nathan has several ‘souvenirs’ - Cyclone players' wrist sweatbands and game gloves - received during post-game high-fives on the field this fall.
- While being coached, top athletes are encouraged to soak armbands and sweatbands in their favourite aftershave or perfume.
- I put on my socks, the jock, the shorts, and then the jersey, followed by sweatbands on my left arm and an elbow pad on my right arm.
- 1.1A band of absorbent material lining a hat.More example sentences
- Only buy a panama hat with a sweatband, which helps keep your hat in place and prevents it from stretching out.
- New this year from Bodek and Rhodes is Anvil style 176, a washed brushed twill cap with a contrasting sweatband, under-bill and tape seams, and silver buckle closure.
- What happens is the sweatband does its job and collects any moisture when you are wearing the cap.
More definitions of sweatbandDefinition of sweatband in:
- The US English dictionary