1A band of absorbent material worn around the head or wrist to soak up sweat, especially by participants in sport.
- Nathan has several ‘souvenirs’ - Cyclone players' wrist sweatbands and game gloves - received during post-game high-fives on the field this fall.
- While being coached, top athletes are encouraged to soak armbands and sweatbands in their favourite aftershave or perfume.
- I put on my socks, the jock, the shorts, and then the jersey, followed by sweatbands on my left arm and an elbow pad on my right arm.
1.1A band of absorbent material lining a hat.
- Only buy a panama hat with a sweatband, which helps keep your hat in place and prevents it from stretching out.
- New this year from Bodek and Rhodes is Anvil style 176, a washed brushed twill cap with a contrasting sweatband, under-bill and tape seams, and silver buckle closure.
- What happens is the sweatband does its job and collects any moisture when you are wearing the cap.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sweat|band
Definition of sweatband in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.