- Relating to or denoting manual workers employed at very low wages for long hours and under poor conditions: the use of sweated labour by unscrupulous employersMore example sentences
- He introduced legislation to improve wages in sweated industries.
- ‘Too many of these vessels employ unskilled, sweated labour, holding fraudulent certification,’ said Dave Perry.
- It is an attempt to preserve fairly-paid jobs in Europe, and to prevent chain stores reducing prices by buying from countries that accept sweatshops and sweated labour.
More definitions of sweatedDefinition of sweated in:
- The US English dictionary