- 1A knitted garment worn on the upper body, typically with long sleeves, put on over the head: a close-knit wool sweater for icy weatherMore example sentences
- The new procedures call for the removal of all outer garments, including sweaters and sweatshirts.
- Woolen sweaters, cardigans, mittens, and socks were knitted with elaborate patterns.
- While gray suits are still all the rage, gray knits, shirts and sweaters are no longer as trendy.
More definitions of sweaterDefinition of sweater in:
- The US English dictionary