- another term for bog myrtle.More example sentences
- Scanlon said she was unsure that she agreed with the change of name from bog myrtle to sweet gale, however.
- In this zone females were often encountered perching on sweet gale (Myrica gale; Myricaceae, bayberries) several meters from the shore.
- Low over the swamp birch and sweet gale, the broad torment of their shadows fall on the marsh's invisible busy and small.
mid 17th century: gale from Old English gagel, gagelle, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch gagel, German Gagel.
More definitions of sweet galeDefinition of sweet gale in:
- The US English dictionary