- A sweet-scented Old World violet with heart-shaped leaves, used in perfumery and as a flavouring.
More example sentences
- Viola odorata, family Violaceae
- She anticipates the biggest headache being the wild flowers (cowslips, primroses, sweet violets, daisies, speedwells, wild orchids, wild thyme, chives and marigold), which need to be grown in a sod of bent grass.
- Some climbers flower once a year - heavily in spring. ‘Lady Banks’ is smothered in 1-inch white blooms in spring, filling the air with the fragrance of sweet violets.
- Iris is a powdery scent that captures a hint of sweet violets.
More definitions of sweet violetDefinition of sweet violet in:
- The US English dictionary