- 1Maize of a variety with kernels that have a high sugar content. It is grown for human consumption and is harvested while slightly immature.More example sentences
- Last month, the EU authorised a GM sweetcorn for human consumption, lifting a de facto moratorium on the authorisation on such new products in place since 1999.
- Now there should be room for the 5 sweetcorn (which are growing well) and the sprouting broccoli and the 4 runner beans I have been given in exchange for the Welsh onions.
- If you don't care to grow cabbages, sweetcorn would be a good alternative that would also benefit from the nitrogen.
- 1.1The kernels of sweetcorn eaten as a vegetable.More example sentences
- He gave me a Champneys cookbook which was full of healthy recipes such as salt cod with sweet pepper, tomato and olive sauce and sweetcorn and smoked haddock.
- Consider a tablespoon of oil - olive or sunflower or whatever - which you might typically use to stir-fry your mange tout or baby sweetcorn.
- To serve, put crushed potato in centre of plate, place spinach on top and surround with trompette and sweetcorn.
More definitions of sweetcornDefinition of sweetcorn in:
- The US English dictionary