Any of a number of grasses which possess a sweet flavour, making them attractive to livestock, or a sweet smell, resulting in their former use as herbs for strewing or burning.
- Glyceria, Hierochloe, and other genera, family Gramineae
More example sentences
- Do get ‘smudged’ by an elder when he offers to purify you with sweetgrass, tobacco, sage and cedar.
- And when I've run out of sweetgrass, someone always shows up with a braid of sweetgrass and gives it to me.
- Treatment blends of honey, cornmeal, sage and sweetgrass are a luxurious reminder of the spa's Native American roots.
Definition of sweetgrass in:
- The US English dictionary