- 1British A sweet.More example sentences
- The Girls' Night In package fills you full of chocolate, sweeties, popcorn and ice-cream, but if you fancy a meal it is well worth ordering from the room-service menu.
- A hamper of goodies is delivered to your room, crammed with enough sugary treats to stock a tuck-shop: popcorn, chocolate and sweeties.
- For some reason the Border towns (in Scotland the term ‘border’ refers to the region north of the border with England) showed particular prowess in making sweeties.
- 2 (also sweetie-pie) Used as a term of endearment.More example sentences
- It's okay, sweetie-pie, calm down for mommy, please.
- And if your kid acts up at home, you don't pull him aside and say ‘let's talk about your feelings, sweetie.’
- He answered it with a hearty, ‘Hello, sweetie!’
More definitions of sweetieDefinition of sweetie in:
- The US English dictionary