- 1A round or heart-shaped custard apple which has a green scaly rind and a sweet pulp. Also called sugar apple.More example sentences
- The fruits most likely to be intended by the term are cherimoya, sugar-apple (alias sweetsop), bullock's heart, and (in the USA) pond apple.
- Irrigation during the dry season and once during ripening will increase the size of Jamaican sweetsop.
- He recited a litany of the fruit there, including mangoes, papayas, sweetsops, cherries and coconuts.
- 2The tropical American evergreen shrub which yields sweetsops.
More example sentences
- Annona squamosa, family Annonaceae
- In apparently healthy tissues of sweetsop and soursop plants, some fungi promote shoot growth or reduce root growth, while others have no effect on growth of sweetsop seedlings.
More definitions of sweetsopDefinition of sweetsop in:
- The US English dictionary