- A section of a large organ consisting of pipes enclosed in a swell box, usually played with an upper keyboard.More example sentences
- There are no string stops on the swell organ while the pedal department shows the lack of upper work so characteristic of this period.
- The original 1855 great and swell organs have survived intact.
- The variety, character, and pungency of tone in the flue work, is as admirable as their reeds and swell organs are poor and defective.
More definitions of swell organDefinition of swell organ in:
- The US English dictionary