Uncomfortably hot: a sweltering English summer the sweltering heat outside
More example sentences
- According to reports from Chris, who went out there a few days ago, the weather has ranged from sweltering to incapacitating.
- Gold miners often have to descend more than 3 kilometres underground to drill ore in sweltering narrow tunnels.
- The screaming fans couldn't compose themselves even in the sweltering heat.
- Example sentences
- It gets swelteringly hot here in Paris in my petit kitchen, and it's too darn uncomfortable if I wear too much.
- Given the extreme heat during most of the year, these homes are often swelteringly hot.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: swel|ter|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.