Definition of sweltering in English:
Uncomfortably hot: a sweltering English summer the sweltering heat outside
More example sentences
- According to reports from Chris, who went out there a few days ago, the weather has ranged from sweltering to incapacitating.
- Gold miners often have to descend more than 3 kilometres underground to drill ore in sweltering narrow tunnels.
- The screaming fans couldn't compose themselves even in the sweltering heat.
- Example sentences
- It gets swelteringly hot here in Paris in my petit kitchen, and it's too darn uncomfortable if I wear too much.
- Given the extreme heat during most of the year, these homes are often swelteringly hot.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan