- The sport or activity of propelling oneself through water using the limbs: Rachel had always loved swimming [as modifier]: a swimming instructorMore example sentences
- Fishing, waterskiing, windsurfing, boat races and swimming are also favorite activities.
- These four gentlemen showed everyone that swimming is truly a sport that can be enjoyed for life.
- What was accomplished in Missouri was a major triumph for the sport of swimming.
More definitions of swimmingDefinition of swimming in:
- The US English dictionary