Definition of swishy in English:
adjective (swishier, swishiest)
1Making a swishing sound or movement.
- I want to have my own little pony, and he will be white with a swishy tail and have beautiful soulful brown eyes.
- I think I may have gone deaf after the gig. Every noise has a sort of swishy quality to it.
- I may have been wrong, as by that time I had given up trying to follow the plot, and was sitting back enjoying the singing and the cast making spectacles of themselves, in multi-hued and swishy costumes.
2North American informal , offensive (Of a man) effeminate.
- You mean the swishy guy that a bird flew into and broke his nose?
- People here are still ready to hassle, taunt, and shove you on the streets if they even suspect you may be slightly swishy.
- Judge is a pretty broad characterization at first: a swishy, reptile-jacketed homosexual who flirts with Jeff at every turn.
Words that rhyme with swishydishy, fishy, maharishi, squishy, Vichy
Definition of swishy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan