Definition of swishy in English:
adjective (swishier, swishiest)
1Making a swishing sound or movement.
- I want to have my own little pony, and he will be white with a swishy tail and have beautiful soulful brown eyes.
- I think I may have gone deaf after the gig. Every noise has a sort of swishy quality to it.
- I may have been wrong, as by that time I had given up trying to follow the plot, and was sitting back enjoying the singing and the cast making spectacles of themselves, in multi-hued and swishy costumes.
2North American informal, offensive (Of a man) effeminate.
- You mean the swishy guy that a bird flew into and broke his nose?
- People here are still ready to hassle, taunt, and shove you on the streets if they even suspect you may be slightly swishy.
- Judge is a pretty broad characterization at first: a swishy, reptile-jacketed homosexual who flirts with Jeff at every turn.
Words that rhyme with swishydishy, fishy, maharishi, squishy, Vichy
Definition of swishy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.