- 1An installation for the manual control of telephone connections in an office, hotel, or other large building.More example sentences
- The paper also quoted an unnamed American contractor who had prepared a bid to install telephone switchboards at the Qatar base.
- Extra personnel were dispatched to the switchboard, and nonessential telephone calls were rerouted to voice mail boxes.
- Remember when the telephone industry had switchboards and operators?
- 2An apparatus for varying connections between electric circuits in other applications.More example sentences
- Switchgear or switchboards can be used as the distribution and overcurrent protection for the system.
- Sailors in HMS Argyll have been praised for their quick response when a fire was discovered in the frigate's forward electrical switchboard.
More definitions of switchboardDefinition of switchboard in:
- The US English dictionary