nounNorth American • informal
- A change, reversal, or exchange, especially a surprising or deceptive one.More example sentences
- In fact, the film does a complete switcheroo, stereotyping white people while ascending the protagonists to multi-dimensional character status.
- I've got to start saving copies of these articles before the inevitable switcheroo. - Josh Marshall
- But here's where we pull the switcheroo, here's where we totally fool everyone.
1930s: from the noun switch + -eroo in the sense 'unexpected'.
More definitions of switcherooDefinition of switcheroo in:
- The US English dictionary