1Switching equipment used in the transmission of electricity.
- The business takes the company's 10 engineers on work all over the world, often for months at a time, carrying out modifications, testing, installation and commissioning of medium to high voltage switchgear.
- Currently, 45 Iraqi electricians working extended shifts are preparing the necessary power cables for the first new turbine and installing low and medium voltage switchgear.
- A portion of that Power House is still standing, which contains historical switchgear and transformers.
2The switches or electrical controls in a motor vehicle.
- Like Skodas, Seats use engines, transmissions, chassis and switchgear that are VW in all but name.
- From the outside it is an incarnation of the Volkswagen Passat and of the same high quality, and inside it has the air-conditioning and switchgear of the Audi and Volkswagen, but Skoda's version is much cheaper
- There is a plusher cabin interior and new console and switchgear, making the WRX series, public road-going versions of the acclaimed world rally car, a car to lust after.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: switch|gear
Definition of switchgear in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.