- A tall North American panic grass which forms large clumps.
More example sentences
- Panicum virgatum, family Gramineae
- The mixture of warm- and cool-season grass pastures was predominantly switchgrass, big bluestem, and smooth brome.
- After years of research, biopower from two unlikely crops - willow and switchgrass - soon may be a reality in New York and Iowa.
- Both alfalfa and switchgrass can also be burned to generate electricity.
More definitions of switchgrassDefinition of switchgrass in:
- The US English dictionary