noun (plural swordsmen)
- A man who fights with a sword (typically with his level of skill specified): an expert swordsmanMore example sentences
- The line of troops went onward, and more small units and platoons of swordsmen and spearmen moved in for the battle.
- This swordplay had been going on ever since the beginning of the fight, the two expert swordsmen always striking and blocking with their swords in a creatively beautiful art.
- When you signed up, you were asked where you wanted to be, cavalry, archery, footmen, swordsmen, smiths.
- More example sentences
- If he had used real swordsmanship on Claymore instead of circus tricks, he would have lost easily.
- The many skills he excelled at included swordsmanship, lancing, use of the crossbow, rope-handling, riding a variety of animals, and the engineering of war.
- He taught swordsmanship at the Cavalry School.
More definitions of swordsmanDefinition of swordsman in:
- The US English dictionary