Definition of sybarite in English:
A person who is self-indulgent in their fondness for sensuous luxury.
- I've encountered people who lived as self-involved sybarites for years but assumed a new Christian identity in middle age.
- Intermediates who want to build their confidence and technique on a big network of connected pistes should look elsewhere, but for sybarites, party people and adrenaline freaks, it's the place to be.
- As a flat, infertile protectorate of Britain, isolated at the northern fringe of the Leeward chain, you might expect it to offer nothing to sybarites, particularly in matters of food.
- Example sentences
- In We'll Always Have Paris, Baxter intimates that Paris for him was a riot of sex and sybaritism.
- Can responsible corporate managers then afford to be anything other than immoral advocates of sybaritism?
- It is nice having two weeks of Sybaritism to look forward to.