- A whipped cream dessert, typically flavoured with white wine or sherry.More example sentences
- Delicious peach and white wine jelly with syllabub and honey sponge fingers, Cambridge-burnt custard and glazed lemon tart are the desserts at the festival, which will be on till Sunday next.
- Typically, they were crushed and used in trifles; and used whole, as decorations and accompaniments for creams and syllabubs.
- Spoon the syllabub on top of the custard, cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for a good few hours for the flavours to ‘marry’.
mid 16th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of syllabubDefinition of syllabub in:
- The US English dictionary