Made up of exactly similar parts facing each other or around an axis; showing symmetry: the shape of a hill, smooth and symmetrical
More example sentences
- The pressure hulls are arranged parallel to each other and symmetrical to a centerplane.
- Note that each shell valve is symmetrical about the midline, but the two shell valves are often unequal in size.
- In a perfectly symmetrical face, all midpoints will fall on the vertical midline.
- Example sentences
- The normal umbilicus is symmetrically indented into the abdominal wall, though it may be nearly flat in very slender people.
- Each cell type is present symmetrically on either side of the midline.
- Bacteria divide symmetrically during normal growth and have a central constriction to bring about binary fission of the cell.
Words that rhyme with symmetricalasymmetrical, diametrical, geometrical, metrical, trimetrical
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sym|met¦ric¦al
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.