1(Of music) relating to or having the form or character of a symphony: Franck’s Symphonic Variations
More example sentences
- The symphonic character of Gustav Mahler's music gave me the freedom to create a drama out of the music rather than retell a pre-written story.
- My father prefers everything else, especially symphonic music, but on occasion he'll play traditional Asian music.
- Matthews has defined symphonic music as being one which ‘contrasts dynamic energy with passivity’.
1.1Relating to or written for a symphony orchestra: symphonic and chamber music
More example sentences
- There are three halls of different sizes with seating capacity from almost 3000 in the big symphonic hall, to the more intimate chamber space with 750 seats.
- None of the symphonic music of Rimsky-Korsakov, Rachmaninov, Delius, Richard Strauss or Skryabin is without longueurs.
- His concert career also included engagements as a conductor, particularly of Brahms's symphonic music.
- Example sentences
- But there's always someone out there looking to spoil the opportunities for patriotism from the symphonically inclined.
- Michael Franklin-Browne plays his drums almost symphonically, bringing a sense of grand architecture to riff-driven songs with rich pop harmonies.
- A lot of amateur musicians get together and they'd love to play symphonically but they can't without a club or a context so they help each other by participating in the group.
Words that rhyme with symphonicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, Byronic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, conic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, embryonic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, homophonic, hypersonic, iconic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, quadraphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, stereophonic, subsonic, subtonic, tectonic, Teutonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic, ultrasonic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sym|phon¦ic
Definition of symphonic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.