Relating to a synapse or synapses between nerve cells: the synaptic membrane
More example sentences
- This is the release of a neurotransmitter into the synaptic cleft from synaptic vesicles in the axon terminal.
- Each little bump or spine on each dendrite is a synaptic connection from another nerve cell axon terminal.
- After synaptic transmission is blocked by botulinum toxin, the muscles become clinically weak and atrophic.
- More example sentences
- The Winterstein hypothesis was further resuscitated by evidence that CO2 could directly excite synaptically isolated respiratory neurons.
- To test whether the pattern of synaptically recorded depression could be replicated by a simple decrease in the vesicular release probability, we repeated the simulations with P v values of 0.07 and 0.05.
- Therefore, BDNF-induced chaos stabilization is not synaptically driven.
More definitions of synapticDefinition of synaptic in:
- The US English dictionary