noun[mass noun] Physics
- Polarized radiation emitted by a charged particle spinning in a magnetic field.More example sentences
- In this model the gamma rays are emitted as synchrotron radiation by electrons that are accelerated to much lower energies.
- As particles travel through an accelerator, they give off a form of radiation known as synchrotron radiation.
- Similarly, today's biologists have adopted a plethora of techniques and instruments from physics - such as synchrotron radiation and nuclear magnetic resonance - and are doing very nicely, thank you.
More definitions of synchrotron radiationDefinition of synchrotron radiation in:
- The US English dictionary