1 Christian Church Relating to or constituted as a synod: synodical government
More example sentences
- If this new consciousness is taken seriously, it has to lead to the establishment of inter-church organs for synodical and ecumenical discussion and consultation.
- Purely spiritual episcopacy, synodical government, and the sending of missionary bishops lead North American contributions to Anglican life.
- Mission support is provided by congregations for both synodical and churchwide ministries.
- sense 1.Example sentences
- The Catholic church has become so big that we need some kind of a synodal structure in the West the same way you have in the East.
- And while the religious churching ceremony, as we have noted, was not mandated, synodal statutes from 1350 paradoxically make churching necessary in order to receive the sacraments.
- In 1240 synodal statutes for the diocese of Worcester ordered local clergy to forbid gathering for the veneration of wells at Cerney.
Words that rhyme with synodicalmethodical, periodical, rhapsodical
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: syn¦od|ic¦al
Definition of synodical in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.