noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of a synovial membrane.More example sentences
- Rheumatoid arthritis produces synovitis and effusions but may lead to a valgus deformity.
- For synovial diseases, such as pigmented villonodular synovitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteochondromatosis, it is desirable to remove as much of the synovium as possible.
- Indeed, rheumatoid factor testing is not useful when a patient lacks other diagnostic criteria for rheumatoid arthritis, especially synovitis.
More definitions of synovitisDefinition of synovitis in:
- The US English dictionary