Definition of syntenic in English:
(Of genes) occurring on the same chromosome: syntenic sequences
More example sentences
- Conserved linkage occurs when two or more homologous genes are syntenic and are in the same order on the chromosome in two or more species.
- The syntenic genes are displayed as black boxes and linked by lines.
- Consider the ancestral genome with all of its chromosomes concatenated and with the ancestral genes blocked by their syntenic groups that will be conserved between the two daughter species.
- Example sentences
- For each paralogous set with perturbed synteny, it was determined which locus was the ancestral locus of the paralogous set.
- Mammals also show an extensive conserved synteny of chromosome X, even though translocations have often rearranged the genome of mammalian species.
- To address this conserved synteny in much more detail, a high-resolution human-chicken comparative map was constructed from human chromosome 15.
Definition of syntenic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan