Definition of synth in English:
Short for synthesizer.
- Guitars are stripped clean and forced to interact on equal footing with strings, pianos, synths, even brass.
- The dependence on drum machines and synths unfortunately date and trap most of the music in the late 80s.
- The melodies are strong throughout and there's a nice mix of guitars and synths, of rock and electronica.
- Example sentences
- On one hand, you have the minimalist synthy electro sounds that belong in the goth clubs.
- ‘Storm the Gates’ opens slowly and quietly, but eventually builds into a crashing crescendo with a synthy backbone.
- The first band was new wave, very synthy, then I sang in a bossa nova band, so that's quite different, then came the girl band, then I sang in a noise guitar band.
Words that rhyme with synthplinth
Definition of synth in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan