- 1A plant of the genus Syringa (family Oleaceae), especially (in gardening) the lilac.More example sentences
- The Zoo Lake Users Committee celebrated Arbor Week at the lake on Wednesday, with trees of the year for 2004 - the white and mountain syringa - being planted.
- Some flowers that were suggested included the dogwood, syringa, gaillardia, Washington holly, wild rose, and marguerite.
- So far, ramorum dieback has been found mostly on rhododendrons and viburnums, although it has also been identified on camellia, kalmia, pieris, syringa and yew.
modern Latin, from Greek surinx, suring- 'tube' (with reference to the use of its stems as pipe stems).
More definitions of syringaDefinition of syringa in:
- The US English dictionary