(US also sirupy)
- 1Having the consistency or sweetness of syrup: syrupy puddingsMore example sentences
- Prepare the glaze: put the confectioner's sugar in a small bowl, and pour in some lemon juice, a little at a time, whisking until the glaze gets to the right consistency, thick and syrupy.
- The sauce should be reduced to a thick syrupy consistency.
- Bring to the boil and reduce it to a thin syrupy sauce consistency.
- 1.1Excessively sentimental: a particularly syrupy moment from a corny filmMore example sentences
- The essay continues in the style of its conception and her sentimental and syrupy excess will have you cringing throughout.
- Valentine's Day is no longer only about syrupy sentimentality.
- If it sounds like syrupy sentiment, he's unapologetic.