- A standardized name, especially for a chemical element or compound, a biological taxon, or a star or other astronomical object.More example sentences
- It has the chemical formula C 10 H 14 N 2, and the systematic name 3-pyridine.
- The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry's systematic name for acetone is 2-propanone; it is also called dimethyl ketone.
- The use of vinyl is exemplified by the molecule vinyl chloride (its proper systematic name is chloroethylene).
More definitions of systematic nameDefinition of systematic name in:
- The US English dictionary