Definition of systematic theology in English:
A form of theology in which the aim is to arrange religious truths in a self-consistent whole.
- In the third and final article I will consider systematic theology, key centers of theology, movements such as feminism and Radical Orthodoxy, and theology in relation to the churches.
- Many of today's pagans reject super-naturalism, tending toward a ‘natural’ spirituality without systematic theology or dogma.
- He was a pioneer in textual criticism of the Bible, exegesis and systematic theology.
systematic theologian noun
- Example sentences
- His challenge would lead to a broadening of theology, in that it calls for the cooperation of systematic theologians.
- One of the invitations he accepted, however, was not from fellow professors or systematic theologians but from pastors.
- It follows, I contend, that religion is more richly sustained by storytellers than by systematic theologians.
Definition of systematic theology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia