(also tee shirt)
Definition of T-shirt in English:
A short-sleeved casual top, generally made of cotton, having the shape of a T when spread out flat.
- Stripes are striking out on the style front too, on T-shirts, cotton shirts and shorts too.
- She quickly changed her jeans and exchanged her tee shirt for a bulky sweatshirt.
- He wore white slip-on shoes, brown jeans, a blue T-shirt and a yellow sports jacket.
- T-shirted (also tee-shirted) adjective
- Example sentences
- Following a T-shirted bouncer through the sold-out crowd of about 450, Mr. Bell hopped onto the stage.
- All three arrived with packs of T-shirted supporters and campaign paraphernalia more typical of a general election campaign than an early-season event.
- It was warm and still and full of t-shirted people lazing around, lying in small groups, chatting quietly to each other as they stared up at the trees.
Definition of T-shirt in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.