exclamationBritish • informal
- Goodbye: well, I’ll say ta-ta, loveMore example sentences
- ‘Good-bye; ta-ta,’ he added. ‘You're a great genius, a born genius, my dear boy, there's no doubt about it.’
- This isn't a screed, but it belongs to the same genus, so if you're disposed to roll your eyes at this sort of thing, ta-ta; see you tomorrow.
- Next time you break, well ta-ta, you know, you're going to jail.
early 19th century: of unknown origin; compare with earlier da-da.
More definitions of ta-taDefinition of ta-ta in:
- The US English dictionary