noun (plural pronunc. same)
- (In French-speaking countries) a tobacconist’s shop.More example sentences
- The fact that the small ‘tabac’ or tobacconist's shop within the café is to be closed by the new owner of Deux Moulins has intensified regulars' fears.
- Even the minority who think the euro a catastrophe and see themselves not as Europeans, not even as French citizens primarily, but as ‘Savoyards’, have been to the tabac and bought a starter pack of coins.
- And meanwhile behind me was a line of cars, like the muttering people at the tabac, impatient for me to get moving.
French, literally tobacco.
More definitions of tabacDefinition of tabac in:
- The US English dictionary