- A pair of small hand drums used in Indian music, one of which is slightly larger than the other and is played using pressure from the heel of the hand to vary the pitch.More example sentences
- Thus, when you mix the hypnotic qualities of dance music with the mystical range of Indian tablas, you open up the doors for interesting experimentation.
- At this time she also took lessons for the traditional Indian instruments, tablas and harmonium.
- Their voices are modulated and trailed by a mournful accordion and occasional tablas.
from Persian and Urdu tablah, Hindi tablā, from Arabic ṭabl 'drum'.
More definitions of tablaDefinition of tabla in:
- The US English dictionary