- A broad, high level region; a plateau.More example sentences
- At its southern end, the terrain drops down to the Santa Rosa Plateau, a 2,000-foot-high tableland with canyons, mesas, and low hills.
- Big Mountain sits atop a rolling tableland called Black Mesa, beneath which lie an estimated 20 billion tons of high-quality, low-sulfur coal.
- He noted that the gorge cut through an elevated tableland and extended about 11 kilometres from the Falls down to Queenston.
More definitions of tablelandDefinition of tableland in:
- The US English dictionary