Definition of tablespoon in English:
1A large spoon for serving food.
- One can play metal teaspoons, tablespoons, soup spoons, and wooden spoons.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into the pan to form small pancakes and sauté on both sides until golden brown.
- Spoons, usually a single tablespoon, are or were owned by a significant number of New England churches.
1.1 (abbreviation: tbsp or tbs) The amount held by a tablespoon, in the UK considered to be 15 millilitres when used as a measurement in cookery.
- Add one tablespoon of oil and stir to coat.
- Add one tablespoon of butter and sear the veal on the other side.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt two tablespoons butter.
- Example sentences
- Drain the penne in a colander, reserving a couple of tablespoonfuls of the cooking water.
- The granules are sweet and colorful and a tablespoonful makes an energizing addition to your juices and smoothies.
- Heat over a medium-high heat, add a good tablespoonful of batter, then swirl the pan in a circular motion to coat the bottom.
Pronunciation: /ˈteɪb(ə)lˌspuːnfʊl/noun (plural tablespoonfuls)
Words that rhyme with tablespoonforenoon • teaspoon
Definition of tablespoon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan