- A part of a woman’s dress resembling an apron.More example sentences
- The satin tablier in front was gracefully draped with white tucked Brussels net, and the corsage was made high to the throat and ruched at the neck.
- The basque and tablier of this dress were of royal blue plush and the draped demi-train was of moiré of the same tint.
- The train was of stiff white brocade, in antique pattern, with a pearl-embroidered eau-de-vie satin tablier.
mid 19th century: from French, based on Latin tabula (see table).
More definitions of tablierDefinition of tablier in:
- The US English dictionary