(US also taboret)
- A low stool or small table.More example sentences
- His sketch shows taborets derived from camp furniture and much used at the French imperial court, as well as fantastic ornamental figures serving as couch arms and pedestals for tables.
- At Louis XIV's court, entitlement to a stool (tabouret or pliant) depended on rank, and most courtiers had to stand.
- When it comes down to it I might never use the taboret or the spun glass pen from Italy.
mid 17th century: from French, 'stool', diminutive of tabour 'drum' (see tabor).
More definitions of tabouretDefinition of tabouret in:
- The US English dictionary