- An abnormally rapid heart rate.More example sentences
- Rapid heartbeat turns into tachycardia and a heart attack is a myocardial infarction.
- Caffeine may also have a direct effect on the cardiovascular system of the fetus leading to tachycardia and other arrhythmias.
- However, a patient activated electrocardiograph showed ventricular tachycardia during a symptomatic spell.
late 19th century: from tachy- 'swift' + Greek kardia 'heart'.
More definitions of tachycardiaDefinition of tachycardia in:
- The US English dictionary