- Any of a class of substances formed in bodily tissue in response to injury and having a rapid stimulant effect on smooth muscle.More example sentences
- In general, it has been found that the tachykinins display some elements of secondary structure in appropriate solution environments, though it has been suggested that they undergo rapid conformational exchange.
- Intravenous injection of several tachykinins such as substance P and neurokinin A induces plasma extravasation markedly in the trachea and main bronchi and less prominently in the larynx and intrapulmonary airways of guinea pigs.
- The symptoms of carcinoid are produced by excess secretion of serotonin, and the flushing by histamine and tachykinins.
More definitions of tachykininDefinition of tachykinin in:
- The US English dictionary