noun (plural tackies or takkies)South African informal
1A rubber-soled canvas sports shoe.
More example sentences
- Since I am sport fanatic I'm more comfortable in track suits and takkies.
- She walks into Rosebank Mall in her All Star takkies, longish skirt, tied dreadlocks, a bag across her chest and her little girl running behind or in front of her.
- Clad in over-sized T-shirts, track pants and worn-out takkies, the youngsters listen attentively as the trainers at the camp bark instructions on the importance of the upcoming championships.
a piece of old tackie
- An easy task: tossing a magazine together looks like a piece of old tackieMore example sentences
- After you've done this, the rest is a piece of old tackie.
- As everyone has a house and a street address the periodic census is a piece of old tackie.
- Choosing the best bedroom furniture among the multitude of possibilities isn't a piece of old tackie for the average Joe.