Definition of tag team in English:
1A pair of wrestlers who fight as a team, taking the ring alternately. One team member cannot enter the ring until the other tags or touches hands with them on leaving.
- The second-generation wrestlers were a great tag team but absolutely phenomenal as single competitors.
- He was great as a tag team wrestler and occasionally in a singles match but the best in the business he is not.
- Then the tag team of WWE wrestler Triple H and play-by-play guy Joe Amato took over.
1.1 informal , chiefly North American A pair of people working together: reportorial tag teams
More example sentences
- However in fairness, Pat Doherty as chairman of the economic committee proved a good tag team member with Sir Reg Empey when on overseas visits or if hosting inward investment prospects.
- The victory was unexpected as 18-year-old Cavendish was making his first appearance at a World Championship and the two had not raced together before in an event in which pairs of riders compete as a tag team.
Definition of tag team in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia