Definition of tag team in English:
1A pair of wrestlers who fight as a team, taking the ring alternately. One team member cannot enter the ring until the other tags or touches hands with them on leaving.
- The second-generation wrestlers were a great tag team but absolutely phenomenal as single competitors.
- He was great as a tag team wrestler and occasionally in a singles match but the best in the business he is not.
- Then the tag team of WWE wrestler Triple H and play-by-play guy Joe Amato took over.
1.1 informal , chiefly North American A pair of people working together: reportorial tag teams
More example sentences
- However in fairness, Pat Doherty as chairman of the economic committee proved a good tag team member with Sir Reg Empey when on overseas visits or if hosting inward investment prospects.
- The victory was unexpected as 18-year-old Cavendish was making his first appearance at a World Championship and the two had not raced together before in an event in which pairs of riders compete as a tag team.
Definition of tag team in:
- US English dictionary