Definition of tail end in English:
1The last or hindmost part of something: we joined the tail end of a queue
More example sentences
- Five minutes later I'm sliding around outside in the tail end of a whopper American snowstorm.
- The tail end of this long piece is the most purely beautiful five minutes of sound I've heard in a couple years at least.
- The front-runners were in after an hour plus, the tail end came in half an hour plus later.
- 1tail-ender noun ( Cricket )
- Example sentences
- In the end we hung on, our tail-enders dug deep and we passed the 100 mark which, given the conditions, was sufficient for the bowlers to snuff out Norfolk's resolve.
- The pitch is still good with pace and bounce and in this era of lower order batsmen rather than slogging tail-enders, 31 was not a daunting challenge.
- Batting is something the coach encourages all of us to work on and if us tail-enders can get 20 or so to our name it all helps.
Words that rhyme with tail endamend, append, apprehend, ascend, attend, befriend, bend, blend, blende, commend, comprehend, condescend, contend, defriend, depend, emend, end, expend, extend, fend, forfend, friend, impend, interdepend, lend, mend, misapprehend, misspend, offend, on-trend, Oostende, Ostend, perpend, portend, rend, reprehend, scrag-end, send, spend, subtend, suspend, tend, transcend, trend, underspend, unfriend, upend, vend, weekend, wend
Definition of tail end in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.